Dental Implant Surgery Definition
The dental implant surgery procedure replaces the roots of the teeth with metal.
And screws and replaces the missing or damaged tooth with an artificial tooth that looks the same and performs the same function as real teeth.
And also, dental implant surgery may offer a well-accepted alternative to set dentures or bridges poorly.
It offers an option when a lack of roots from natural teeth does not allow for dentures or bridge tooth replacements.
The method nofollowed for dental implant surgery depends on the type of implant and the jaw condition.
Dental implant surgery can encompass several procedures. The main benefit of implants is substantial support for all new teeth.
And the process that requires the bone to heal powerfully around the implant. Because this bone healing takes time, the process can take several months.
What Should Maintenance noFollow after Implant Placement?
- It is advisable to wait at least 2 hours after surgery to start drinking or eating something.
- Once that period has passed, we recommend that you nofollow a soft and cold diet for the rest of the day. And avoiding chewing on the intervened area.
- Also, drink plenty of fluids, and cold drinks recommend that you do not drink alcohol.
2. Mouth Rinses
- Do not rinse your mouth or spit immediately after the intervention. It destroys the clot or damages the stitches, leading to bleeding.
- After implant placement, start the day rinse gently with a mouthwash (usual chlorhexidine ) prescribed by your doctor.
3. Tooth Brushing
- On the same day of the intervention, you should not brush your teeth. When 24 hours have elapsed, you can touch them gently and always avoid the mouth area that intervened.
- The first two days after implant placement are usually the most annoying. And surgery causes bleeding that can last for 24 to 48 hours afterward.
- To help control it, place a gauze pad over the bleeding area, bite into it to keep it in place, and change it as needed.
- And the bleeding does not decrease; you must avoid all physical activity and sit down to rest. Do not lie down to sleep the first night is recommended that you keep your head as high as possible.
- If, after 48 hours, the bleeding does not stop, contact the surgeon who placed your dental implants to detail your situation.
- As a general rule, swelling persists for 48 to 72 hours after surgery. Some home remedies to relieve inflammation is to apply a cold compress to the affected area.
- It is also possible to use ice, but prolonged use can cause skin burns. Therefore, it is preferable to apply it in 10-minute intervals and take breaks if this option selects.
- And after three days, the inflammation does not diminish. And consult your doctor. It examines you and determines if there are any complications.
6. Physical Exercise
- On the same day of the surgery, you should rest as much as possible and avoid making sudden movements.
- In case you practice sports or any physical activity regularly, we recommend that you suspend it for a week. This way, you will avoid problems related to bleeding, inflammation, or pain.
- As previously anticipated, the dentist prescribes analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and antibiotic medication, according to each person’s needs.
- noFollow your doctor’s instructions regarding these medications and do not stop treatment prematurely without good cause.
- In case you notice any unfavorable reaction to taking the medication, stop taking it immediately, and contact your surgeon.
- Tobacco is a significant factor in the success of implants both in the short and long term.
- It is advisable to eliminate the consumption of cigarettes for a week before and after the intervention.
- In this way, the chances of success will be more significant, and the patient will not have problems in terms of tissue irritation, scarring, or infections.
- It is not to say that all smokers necessarily experience rejection of their dental implants, but the chances of complications are higher.