Beetroot – Low in Calories
Beetroot provides important nutrients and valuable mineral salts that support the body in the cold season. This soup is healthy, nutritious, and warm in the cold season.
Because vegetables contain folic acid, they support the circulation and prevent deposits in the vessels.
The red vegetables strengthen the gallbladder and the function of the liver cells, which filter toxins from the blood.
It is easy to digest and good for the metabolism: the edge. Local vegetables are in the high season in autumn and winter but are available all year round.
Beetroot can be processed in countless ways. Whether in the oven, as a soup, in a salad, as vegetable chips each variant tastes good and also very healthy.
What the edge has to offer?
- Beetroot contains a lot of betanin. The red plant pigment has an antioxidant and anti-carcinogenic effect.
- This means that the substance protects against cell damage and cancer formation and inhibits inflammation. It also strengthens skin, nails, and hair.
- The vegetables also strengthen the gallbladder and the function of the liver cells, which filter toxins from the blood.
- The immune system is also supported by the zinc and vitamin C contained in the tuber. Those who catch colds often in autumn and winter should eat a lot of beetroots.
- Beets are also high in iron. So if you suffer from a deficiency of this substance, you can do your body a favor by consuming beetroot.
- Because the vegetables also contain folic acid, they support the circulation and prevent deposits in the vessels. The beetroot also lowers blood pressure, which can prevent heart attacks and strokes.
Recipe for tasty beetroot soup
|Beetroot (makes about 600 g)
|Creme fraiche Cheese
- Prepare the beets. It is important to peel the tuber generously. Cut into small cubes. Because the edge stains heavily, wear disposable gloves.
- Prepare and roughly dice the carrots and potatoes. Peel the onion and chop finely.
- Heat the butter in a large pan. Add the beetroot, carrot, potato, and onion cubes and sauté for two to three minutes while stirring.
- And also, Add a liter of water and bring everything to the boil. Add the vegetable stock and stir well. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Peel and finely grate the horseradish. Mix immediately with lemon juice.
- Puree the whole thing with a hand blender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- And also, Serve immediately with the horseradish crème.