Is honey beneficial for removing dark spots?
- Can honey remove dark spots? Yes, honey is beneficial for removing dark spots. The Egyptian and Greek cultures took advantage of honey’s beauty properties to insert it in their cosmetic treatments and thus show off a hydrated, young, and radiant face.
- Honey is a natural ingredient that helps eliminate dark spots and use in food and the area of beauty since early times.
- We want to get closer to the uses you can give to honey to improve your skin’s appearance and hide imperfections like sunspots.
- This article will also reveal how to use honey to remove blemishes on the face, just as the first human civilizations’ women did.
Why do dark spots appear on the face?
- The one responsible for the appearance of spots on the skin is melanin or what is the same, the pigment that gives color to our skin.
- In this way, there are a series of factors that alter melanin and influence spots’ appearance. These are the most common:
- Hormonal changes, especially during pregnancy, taking contraceptives or those generated by menopause, cause a series of metabolism changes.
- Can honey remove dark spots? These changes can trigger the appearance of spots on the face.
- Sometimes the spots can be caused by certain diseases, but they do not have to be serious.
- In addition to being very dangerous for the skin, excessive exposure to sunlight can be one of the leading causes of spots on the face.
- Can honey remove dark spots? It is so because the sun stimulates the production of melanin.
- Not only tobacco but also other bad habits such as an unbalanced diet can cause these unwanted spots to appear.
What are the natural masks made from honey to remove dark spots from your face?
1. Honey and yogurt
- Lactic acid present in the yogurt is good to brighten the skin. It is recommended for the best results to mix the yogurt with honey and then apply it to the skin.
- The application should be kept on the skin for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse off.
2. Sugar and honey
- It is an excellent exfoliator, and we can use it to lighten the skin. It is recommended for the best results to mix the sugar with honey until you get a uniform mixture.
- This type of mixture has the power to remove accumulated dead cells on the surface of the skin and stimulates blood circulation at the same time.
- We can repeat the application twice a week.
3. Honey and Chamomile
- Chamomile has a lightening effect on the skin, helps soothe if you have any irritation, and softens the complexion together with honey.
- Make a chamomile tea, add two tablespoons of honey, apply it to the face, and after that, wash it with lukewarm or cold water in ten minutes.
- This mask can be done as many times as you want during the week, ideally three times, to see better results. Of course, it has no contraindications on the skin.
4. Onion mask with honey
- Another recipe to remove blemishes from the face is that we can prepare at home and is super economical.
- With this mask, you can use the high content of vitamins A, B, and C of the onion to eliminate your spots until they have an invisible tone.
- Ingredients: One onion, two tablespoons of honey.
- Prepare: Chop the onion into pieces and put it in the blender until it looks like a puree; make a homogeneous mixture including honey.
- Apply: With clean skin, apply the mask all over your face, especially in the stained areas. Put down on for 15 minutes and remove it with water.
- Use this recipe two times a week for a long time. You will notice its results.
5. Honey, Strawberries, and Yogurt
- It is a mask recipe that lightens, softens, hydrates the skin, and is best known for removing blemishes from the face.
- Ingredients: One tablespoon of honey, One large strawberry or two small strawberries, crushed, and one-fourth cup of plain yogurt.
- Prepare: Mix the crushed strawberry, yogurt, and honey in a bowl until you get a homogeneous paste.
- Apply: With your fingers, apply the paste on the face’s clean skin and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Clean again with lukewarm water. You can use this recipe at least two times a week for the most noticeable results.
6. Honey, tomato, and potato
- Ingredients: One tablespoon honey, half tomato, and half potato
- Prepare: Finally, if your skin is very responsive and does not bear any of the above compounds, do not despair!
- You will only have to rub a potato and combine it with the juice of a tomato and a tablespoon of honey.
- Mash it all and when you have it, apply the mixture to your face.
- Apply: It is best if you let it rest between 5 and 10 minutes, and after this time, you will have to rinse it with warm water.
Also Read: Soap for fungal infection – Description, Risk Factors, and Best Soaps for fungal infection
KNOW MORE:- healthfinests