How to use Dip powder nails?
Dip powder nails –
The new generation of nails with Revel Nail Dip Powder technology (in Spanish Dipping Powders ) is a natural material that takes care of your nail and does not allow it to be damaged.
These are some of its characteristics:
- Lightweight and flexible
- Strong and durable
- Non-toxic and odourless
- Easy and fast to use in just three steps: Foundation-Activator-Shine
- Long-lasting shine
- Does not yellow the nail
- Dust resistant
- Respect the environment
- Enriched with calcium and vitamin E
- Without UV lamp
- Easy to remove
- It does not harm the nail
- For years, salon and professional nail salon owners have sought a safe and healthy alternative to using some products: adding length, protection and shine, without the damage that other materials can cause.
Innovative Dip Powder Nail Technology is developing by a group of nail professionals with decades of industry experience.
This product takes half the time to complete a manicure compared to using other materials and with our wide range of colours.
You can achieve an impressive coloured gel polish with one of the coloured powders we show you below.
You don’t have to deal with the smell associated with other products.
More information about Dip Powder
Dipping powders are a new trend in the nail cosmetics industry, few people are aware of this trend for the first time, and so many questions arise. Here we answer many of them:
What are Dip Powders?
Dipping powders began as a safe and healthy alternative to traditional materials and other products.
Giving a solution to the smell, applying it and the effects on the nails of all the clients gave way to this new technique.
Dip Powder powders have no odour when applied and reduce application time by up to a third with other materials.
It is easier to apply than some materials, leaving the nail healthy and beautiful after removing the product.
Why is Dip Powder Healthier?
To answer this question, we must compare it with some traditional enamels. Traditional products contain an ingredient called methacrylate, which is known to soften and weaken the layers of the nails.
Have you ever used nails with some traditional products and noticed your nails are softer and thinner?
Well, it is the methacrylate in the formula that weakens and softens your nails.
Some products contain some higher molecular weight methacrylates such as HEMA (2-Hydroxyethyl Methacrylate), HPMA (2-Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate), Bis-GMA (Bisphenol A Glycidyl Methacrylate) as part of their formula.
These methacrylates weaken and soften your nails.
Studies have shown that approximately 25% of the population may be allergic to methacrylates.
And also, in some of these people, signs of sensitivity may develop around and under the nails.
The Dip Powders do not use any methacrylate in their formula.
People who are allergic to methacrylates can use Dip powder without problems.
Since the Dip Powders do not contain methacrylates, the lower area of your nails will not weaken or soften.
And also, you will notice that after the first application, your nails will be more robust. The product will have more excellent durability.
How to Apply Dip Powder?
The process is straightforward; we explain it in the nofollowing videos, or if you prefer, below are the written instructions:
- Disinfect your hands.
- Remove the nail polish.
- Apply # 1 Base. Spread the product from one side to the other until it covers the entire nail. Make sure to apply light pressure to ensure an even application.
- After applying foundation to your first finger, dip your finger into the powder in and out motion and then wipe off any excess powder.
- Repeat steps 3-4 on each finger twice on the one hand.
- Apply a generous amount of # 2 Activator to all five fingers, let it dry and make sure to coat the edges.
- Repeat steps 3-6 on the other hand.
- Once dry, file the nails. A drill is using gently to remove excess powder from the cuticle area.
- Rinse your hands with water, without soap, dry your hands and fingers. If you don’t want to wash your hands, you can use a brush to dust off all the particles.
- Apply another coat of # 2 Activator for all ten fingers. Make sure to wait 2 minutes for it to dry to get the best shine when applying Glitter.
- Apply # 3 Shine to one coat. It is applied in 2-3 strokes very quickly. Don’t worry about staining the cuticle area or the edges.
- Wait 15 seconds, then continue with the same coat and apply a second, slower, more clear coat of # 3 Shine.
- Repeat steps 11-12 on the other hand.
- Let the nails dry for 1-2 minutes, apply oil to the cuticle to hydrate the skin.