Once you have crossed the age of 25, your skin condition will start to deteriorate even if you are taking the utmost care and using many cosmetic products. Age can cause the skin to sag and cause sorts of problems, one of which is getting a double chin.
Double chins develop when fat accumulates around your neck and below your chin and is medically referred to as submental fat.
It is mainly associated with gaining weight, often a result of poor dietary habits and a lack of exercise. Double chin is also a result of the genes that you carry and is also a result of, as we said, loose skin.
It is possible to get rid of a double chin by exercises that tone the muscles and tissues around the skin of your face.
One by-product of these exercises, which can be done easily at home, is that you will have a stronger jawline. And this, in turn, could vastly improve the way you look and make you look confident.
Also You can find more helpful resources at thenytimesblog
Products To Reduce Facial Fat
- The use of certain products like a jawline exercise ball, which is anywhere between 5 and 10 inches in diameter, will also help in these exercises meant to reduce your double chin.
- Keep the ball near you so that you can do the exercises conveniently. For this exercise, you need to sit straight with relaxed shoulders.
- The ball must be placed under the chin, and the chin used to push done against the jawline ball, with a firm and steady motion. Repeat this at least thirty times every time you do this exercise.
Jawline exercises work on the face and neck muscles and help to burn the excess fat in these areas. This is crucial in any attempt to get rid of a double chin. As with all exercise routines, warming up the muscles is essential before you exercise them.
- This warm-up is simple and requires you to rotate your head forward and down first in the clockwise direction for a few rotations and then do the same thing in the opposite direction.
- Use this circular motion to stretch the jaw by extending it forward, to the right, and then back while holding each position for a brief second. This will warm up your muscles for the exercises you now need to do if you want to eliminate your double chin.
- Here is an exercise to strengthen the neck muscles and help you give your neck some respite when working at a desk.
- Sit with your back straight and see that your shoulders are relaxed. Look at the ceiling by tilting your head. Keep your lips relaxed while you whistle and feel the muscles on both sides of your neck contract.
- Holding this position for at least 20 seconds is suggested, but this can depend on your comfort level and may become easier if you do this exercise daily. Repeat the exercise ten times at every sitting.
- Another exercise similar to the one above requires you to stand straight, shoulders relaxed and loose while standing tall. Imagine that you are kissing the sky while extending your lips as far as you can.
- This will flex the muscles in the neck and chin. This position should be helpful for 20 seconds, after which you can relax before you repeat it at least 15 times.
- A pouting stretch is another way to exercise the muscles in your neck and chin. You can do this exercise either while you are sitting or standing.
- Stick the bottom lip as far as you a so that it looks as if you are pouting. Hold that pose for a few seconds and then tilt the chin towards the chest, using the neck muscles.
- Do not move your upper back when you are doing this. Hold that pose for a few seconds and then relax the muscles. Start all over again, and continue to do it till you feel your neck has had a proper workout.
Chew Gum To Tone Your Jawline
- Chewing gum is one of the simplest exercises for your jaw muscles to reduce the fat from your double chin. Chewing the gum requires you to have your chin and face muscles constantly moving in a repeated motion.
- This action can not only burn the fat but also keep any extra fat away. It is an exercise that strengthens the jaw muscles and gives the chin a lift.
- Constant chewing can strain the muscles, especially if you do not have the habit of chewing gum.
- Facelift exercises, smiling, brow lifts, or exercising your tongue muscles are also other exercises that can help remove your double chin.
- A lot of attention also needs to be paid to reducing your weight by having a proper diet and sufficient exercise.