Onion oil is a natural method, safe and effective without any side effects or allergies, preventing hair loss and promoting growth.
It means that not only does the hair not fall out, but it grows faster and more robust.
What are the properties of Onion Oil?
Scientific evidence indicates that onion oil has properties :
What are the benefits of Onion oil?
Onion oil has multiple uses, whether for the digestive and respiratory system, as massages thanks to aromatherapy, to soothe the skin, and as a cleanser for the body.
1. Beneficial for the respiratory system
- This oil provides an essential function against colds and flu since it is an expectorant.
- It will be showing antiseptic and bactericidal properties.
- In any case, in the face of the flu, it is advisable to visit the doctor who will provide us with the appropriate treatment according to each patient.
2. Good for the skin
- It has a calming action, and for this reason, I recommend to treat some skin-related problems, such as warts, freckles, cracks, insect bites, and hangnails (paronychia).
3. Helps the digestive system
- In turn, onion oil is purifying, diuretic, digestive, stomachic, deworming, tonic, and hypotensive.
- For all this, it regulates the function of the intestine. Its diuretic action favors the elimination of fat through fructans that we find in abundance in the onion bulb.
4. Ideal for massages
- It is often used in aromatherapy and is applied in facial and body massages to calm the skin and mind.
- In this case, we use it in local applications, massage, and inhalation.
- It always needs a professional who will give us the oil massage and explain its application.
5. Use in the kitchen
- Its use in the kitchen is usually pervasive.
- Mostly, we use it as a seasoning, diluted in vegetable oil before use.
6. Contraindications of onion oil
- Like other essential oils, it also has its contraindications and cannot be used by everyone.
- Therefore, both for massages and cough or flu, it is advisable to ask the doctor to explain the treatment.
- We should not use his oil for pregnant or lactating women, young children, and the elderly.
How to prepare Onion Oil for hair growth?
Onion oil can be straightforward to prepare and can give you excellent benefits when accompanying your dishes.
For this reason, do not miss this recipe, where you will learn how to prepare it.
A simple and healthy recipe with olive oil
- Two cups of oil (can be olive, sunflower, peanut, corn, etc.)
- One and a half cups of onions (purple, white, chives, a mix of them, etc.)
- Take a deep frying pan or saucepan, where you will place the two cups of oil, with medium-low heat, without ever reaching frying temperatures.
- Add the onions cut into thin slices, feather style. You can mix the purple, the white, little chives. It goes to your liking.
- Let the onions cook over low heat for a good stretch.
- They release their essence and all their flavor, in addition to their properties.
- The turn has come to squeeze the onions well to filter the oil from them.
- Divide the oil on one side and the onions on the other.
- Do not toss them away. It will serve you to eat or use in other dishes.
Possible Risks and Warnings: What Should I Know Before Using Onion for Hair?
- Using an onion as a home therapy for hair is considered safe in most cases.
- However, we should not have the possibility of experiencing adverse effects.
- In this sense, people allergic or sensitive to onion compounds should proceed with particular caution.
- If you have a known allergy to the onion, avoid applying it to your scalp.
- Even people who are not allergic may experience some degree of irritation if they use it too frequently or excessively.
- The common side effects include redness and itching.
- The severity of these symptoms can vary depending on how powerful your preparation is.
- That is why I recommend mixing the onion with an ingredient that softens and moisturizes.
- Another caveat to carry on in mind is that certain medications, for example, aspirin, can increase sensitivity to onion juice when it comes into contact with the skin.
- If you are concerned about likely interactions, it is best to do a previous skin test or consult a dermatologist before applying the onion to the scalp.
KNOW MORE:- beampros