The favorite blouse or shirt doesn’t look advantageous with wrinkles-free outfits.
But how do you get clothes crease-free when you don’t have an iron to hand? These simple tips will ensure a smooth fabric.
After washing and drying, many items of clothing should have iron before they can be worn – otherwise, you risk walking around in an unsightly creased look.
However, if you don’t have one at hand, there are other ways to get wrinkle-free outfits. Sometimes there is even less effort behind it.
Depending on the material, it is essential to choose the right alternative to ironing, because not all methods are suitable for every fabric.
Blow dry instead of ironing for wrinkle-free outfits
- The best way to make wrinkle-free outfits is through heat.
- You can easily take advantage of this principle and use a hairdryer set to the highest heat level instead of an iron for wrinkle-free outfits.
- This method works best if you spray the textiles with a little water beforehand and then blow-dry them dry and smooth.
- This method is most effective with clothes hung on hangers.
Use straightening iron
- If you have a straightening iron that, like the blow dryer, is intended for styling your hair, you can also use it for ironing purposes.
- The narrow heat surfaces of the straightening iron are particularly suitable for blouse and shirt collars.
- However, since the heat surfaces reach high temperatures, they should never be left on one part of the fabric for long.
- Necessary: Thoroughly clean the device before heating, so that any residues of hair products do not leave stains on clothing!
Hang in the damp bathroom air
- A practical tip that you can also use when traveling: hang crumpled pants, skirts, dresses, or tops on hangers or a clothes horse in the bathroom and let the shower run hot.
- To avoid wasting the water, this method is best for using when you want to shower anyway.
- The shower water should not wet clothing, windows and doors must remain closed.
- It creates high humidity and warmth in the room after a short time, which contributes to the fact that fabrics hang straight out after a while.
- The result will not be as perfect with every material as after ironing, but you get significantly smoother clothes.
- To prevent mold, you should immediately ventilate the room afterward.
Ice cubes in the dryer
- If you put your clothes in the dryer for about a quarter of an hour after washing, you can put two to three ice cubes in the drum.
- The warmth during the drying process creates water vapor that increases the clothing. A damp cloth can also achieve this effect.
- However, you have to empty the dryer immediately after the process. Otherwise, new creases can appear in the textiles.
- Since not every material is suitable for the dryer, you should always check the manufacturer’s label beforehand.
- Fortunately, there are also many alternatives with which you can dry every piece of clothing and get it smooth.
Textile sprays for smooth fabrics
- There are special textile sprays that are supposed to ensure wrinkle-free fabrics.
- Before use, you should always follow the instructions and notes on the products.
- Such sprays sprayed onto dry or slightly damp laundry from about eight inches.
- Often the products have a fresh scent. After spraying the clothes, pull them smoothly with your hands and let them hang up to dry so that wrinkles will disappear on their own in a short time.
Also Read: What is Nutritional Yeast?- Definition, Properties, Nutrients and MoreWhat is Nutritional Yeast?- Definition, Properties, Nutrients and More